Monday, December 8, 2014

Another Great Week!

Hello so this was another good week for us in San Miguel and we are definitely seeing the blessings of our hard work and also our obedience!

Some many cool things have happened this last week! I celebrated Thanksgiving here in the Philippines for the second time! I was the only American so I introduced my companions to Thanksgiving, just no turkey ahha! But we went around the table and said what we were thankful for as a tradition in my family! It was cool and they seemed to enjoy it!

We had our open house at the Chapel this week so that was a cool thing, us missionaries had a booth at the end and we just basically talked about the lessons and the Restoration and stuff like that, we are hoping we can get some referrals out of that activity!

Also the next Sunday, sister Lara came to church with here two friends!! It was so cool to see here finally come to church!! I was so happy for here and we have been praying for her for the longest time! It is so awesome to know that our Father In Heaven hears and answers our prayers!  #testimonybuilder

I am like positive that she will get baptized in December, so that will be a good Christmas gift!! 

We were able to find a lot of new investigators again this week, our teaching pool is so large so we are having a hard time adjusting our time to OYM and to find more people, but this area is just getting more blessed each day and I am so thankful that I have been able to serve here! 

I continue to be amazed at how much we need the Spirit in this work!! Like so many small miracles are just happening, like the scripture says in Alma 37, "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" 

Maybe I will tell you a story that happened last Monday before we went out to work, we were sitting on our front porch thing and I was trying to sew something and then this girl rides by on her bike and asked if we were smoking?. Odd question but I noticed that her English was like perfect!! So eventually she came back and we talked to her and she is Filipena but she has lived in America since she was 8, so she was fluent at English, so we eventually talked to her and she said we could go and teach her so we did, so we got her basic beliefs and she didn't believe in God or the Bible.. First time on my mission I have encountered that.. But I remembered the story in the Book of Mormon about the two missionaries in Alma who were teaching the King who didn't have a belief of God she we helped here see that there is a God and that we are all children of God and that she can pray to him and he will hear her prayers, so we committed her to pray, and she did we went back there the other day and she said she got this strong peaceful feeling after she prayed and she believes that was an answer, we are going to go back and teach her today so lets hope it goes good! 

But every thing is going good here for me! I love it here! Continue to pray for all the people that we are teaching especially sister Lara!!

I love you all!

Love, elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment