Monday, January 6, 2014

Here is Jacksons letter for the first week of the New Year!  He sounds great, but had no pictures because they came straight from playing basketball.  I guess the elbows are holding up!!


Hello!
This week was a pretty solid week cause me and elder Guard posted our best numbers this week, we are so happy all of our hard work is paying off! The numbers we got arent that good for any other area but for us and opening up and area they are pretty good, so we were pretty stoked about it! Also one of our Inv we gave here a Bap date, she said no, but there is a twist she says not now cause she wants to tell her family(who are devoted Catholics)about her becoming LDS, but she said within the near future she will be baptized, I just hope it happens while I am still here, cause she is an awesome Inv the ones that you would find in a training manual for a missionary so its been really good teaching here! Another problem with here is her boyfriend is a member and an RM, so you would think oh good example right? No he is a rebellious member who is returning back to church and isn't a good influence on her so that kind of sucks! No new info on Tacloban missionary's but like i have said before January is the month that i hear they will start taking missionary there. The language is coming along okay, I can understand a lot more than I can say so there is still a language barrier but at least I can understand what they are saying for the most part! But elder Guard is helping me a ton! American food, like instant mashed potatoes, mac and cheese 5 pairs of mesh G's Doritos, and any other snack foods you can think of ahhaha! I want pics from you guys as well I love seeing the family!! Yeah I am the same way here, like they LOVE american music here so they play songs I know and they always take me back to old memories. I miss being at home and with the family, Its weird I have almost been out for another month! It is crazy how fast it is already going!! I Love getting familys emails they make me miss the little things about home! But I know that these people need me here and I am ready to Endure this long journey ahead of me but I am ready to enjoy it as well, I already love it here so much and no way want to leave, so I am ready to take the "bull by the horns" cause if i do i know i will be blessed my family will be blessed and also my own future family will be blessed! I love all of you so much and I have really gained a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel and how much it can bless peoples lives and i love testifying of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, all the people we teach know how much i believe they are true!

Remember there are always opportunity for us as members to be missionary's! Take on this task and do all that you can to bring as many people unto Jesus Christ!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week and day!!

Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment