Sunday, September 14, 2014

Living in the Boonies! (Bookid)

Hello Mother!! It seems like it was quite the week with the rain, ty coming home, and grandma and grandpa being there haha! Sounds like it was a fun week for all of you!! But how is ty doing? I wish he would email me haha but oh well! And tanners birthday is tomorrow so that is exciting! He is looking older and older every time I get to email you guys!! But I hope you are all together right now so I can chit chat with all the fam! I miss you guys a lot and I am way close to my year mark aahhah! But I am glad all is well!

But my week was pretty good! It started off with a 3 hour ride to get to my new area haha its so far away from every thing! Also brother mike took me the whole way!! IT was so nice of him to take me all the way here to San Miguel Bulican haha! He is so great!! And then arriving to our area and really noticing that it is out in the middle of next week aha! But its so beautiful here lots of rice fields and all sorts of animals, Cows, Caribou, Goats, many kinds of frogs and all sorts of other animals haha! ITs so green and the past few days it has been raining alot.. I think that there was a typhoon or something so there was a bit of flooding this past few weeks haha it was great! I have already had so many interesting experiences here and its only been a week!! haha I think I will like this area the only problem is that in the past the missionaries who used to be here didnt work like at all and were disobedient and stuff so we are like open area but not really ha but I am excited to make this area a lot better than I found it in haha! 

But we have some really cool members in our Branch.. Yes it is just a branch. There was about 40 at church on sundayhaha very little. But the active members are really strong in the church and really awesome! But get this there is over 800 members in San Miguel but only 40 active, lots of people have been offended or cant afford to go to church because it is so far so that is our focus right now is finding these LA and bringing them back.

My companion is really nice his name is elder Lopez from Bacolod "city of smile" He is way cool and loves to work so we are excited for this transfer.

I already know the Lord has a lot in store for me to learn this transfer and maybe my whole stay here, but I am excited and really like it here already so lets light it up!

My goal while I am here is ride a Caribou. Lets goooo!

But all has been well here in the beautiful bukid. I have lots of pics so get ready!

Love you all so much!!

Love elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment